Most people know Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley from different Harry Potter movies. She is a talented actress, writer, producer, and director who can be described as optimistic and resilient. She has also featured in Before I Sleep, After the Dark, Stranded, among other films.
Bonnie Wright is talented in expressive arts, which she started pursuing in her childhood years. It has taken her discipline and commitment to achieve what she has so far. She is quite adaptable, so she finds it easy to fit into most social set ups and vocational fields.
- 1 Profile summary
- 2 The early life of Bonnie Wright
- 3 Educational background
- 4 Bonnie Wright height and measurements
- 5 Career
- 6 Nomination and award
- 7 Where is Bonnie Wright now?
- 8 Other facts about the actress
Name: Bonnie Francesca Wright
Age: 29 years
Date of birth: 17th February 1991
Place of birth: London, England, United Kingdom
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Height: 5 feet 6 inches (168 centimeters/ 1.68 meters)
Weight: 55 kilograms (121 pounds)
Measurements: 33-24-34 inches (84-61-86 centimeters)
Dress size: 4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Bra size: 32A
Shoe size: 7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Red
Father: Gary Wright
Mother: Sheila Teague
Occupation: Actress, writer, producer, director & activist
The early life of Bonnie Wright
The actress was born on the 17th of February 1991 in London, England, United Kingdom. Presently, Bonnie Wright age is 29 years old. Her nationality is British, and Aquarius is her Zodiac sign. Her parents are Gary Wright and Sheila Teague, and both of them are jewelers. They own a jewelry company known as Wright & Teague. She has an older brother named Lewis. The actress and her brother were raised in London, and she showed interest in various forms of art at a young age. She was raised as a Christian.
Wright went to Prior Weston Primary School. She later went to King Alfred School in North London for her secondary education
Bonnie Wright height and measurements
The actress has a slim build, and she is 5 feet 6 inches (168 centimeters/ 1.68 meters) tall. She weighs about 55 kilograms (121 pounds.) Her measurements are 33-24-34 inches (84-61-86 centimeters) for her bust, waist, and hips, respectively. She wears dress size 4 (US) or 34 (EU), bra size 32A, and shoe size 7.5 (US) or 38 (EU).
Bonnie’s first film role was in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in 2001. She auditioned for the film because her older brother said that she reminded him of Ginny. In the movie, she portrayed the character of Ron Weasley’s little sister. Although her first acting role was small, she managed to secure bigger parts in the subsequent Harry Potter movies. Since her debut in the industry, she has featured in several films and one television show.
The Replacements (2007): She featured in this show as the voice of Vanessa in the episode titled London Calling.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
Separate We Come,
- Separate We Go (2012)
- Know Thyself (2014)
- Sextant (2016)
- Phone Calls (2017)
- Medusa’s Ankles (2018)
- Separate We Come,
- Separate We Go (2012)
- Know Thyself (2014)
- Sextant (2016)
- Know Thyself (2014)- Executive producer Sextant (2016) Medusa’s Ankles (2018)
Appearances as herself
- Interviews with Students (2003): This was a short video documentary. Holly & Stephen’s Saturday Showdown (2004): She made an appearance in the episode dated 20th November 2004.
- Reflections on the Fourth Film (2006): This was a short video documentary.
- Das große RTL Special zum Film (2007): She appeared in the episode titled Harry Potter und der Orden des Phönix.
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2008: She appeared in this television special.
Nomination and award
The actress has received one award and has been nominated for another.
Empire Awards, UK
- In 2012, she was nominated for the Best Female Newcomer Empire Award for her role in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
- Rodial Beautiful Awards In 2011, she won the Most Edgy Look Award for her role in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2.
Bonnie Wright net worth
How much is Bonnie Wright worth? The actress has an estimated net worth of $12 million.
Is Bonnie Wright married?
The actress is yet to get married. Between 2009 and 2012, she was in a long-term relationship with Jamie Campbell Bower. Bonnie Wright and Jamie Campbell Bower first met on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and started dating shortly afterwards.
Their relationship blossomed, and the two got engaged in April 2011. Although fans were waiting eagerly for Bower to become Bonnie Wright husband, that was never to be.
Jamie Campbell Bower and Bonnie Wright broke off their engagement on the 30th of June 2012. Their split was reported to be amicable, but Bower was heartbroken by the separation.
In 2013, the actress was rumored to be dating Jacob Artist, who is an American dancer, actor, and singer. She neither confirmed nor dismissed these rumors.
Is Bonnie Wright single? There are indications that she has been in a relationship with Simon Hammerstein, a nightclub boss, since 2013.
Where is Bonnie Wright now?
Most people ask, “where is Bonnie Wright today?” because she has not been on camera as much as she was before. After the end of the Harry Potter franchise, she had a few more acting roles. Today, she leads a relatively quiet life, and she has previously been quoted saying;
Once in a while, she appears on camera alongside other cast members to celebrate the franchise that made her a celebrity.
She is also an activist for equal rights for all people. In 2017, she took part in the Women’s March and A Day Without A Woman to speak out against the Dakota Access pipeline.
She has also raised awareness for Many Hopes, which aims at defeating both poverty and injustice across the globe. She also encourages women to get pap smear tests to reduce their risk of cervical cancer and advocates for the end of child abuse.
Many people also recognize her as a Greenpeace activist. She is passionate about environmental protection, and she raises awareness about climate change. She is an advocate for saving the oceans from pollution.
She has been part of the petitions made to big corporations, such as Coca-Cola, to bring to an end pollution with plastic materials as well as lessening the impact of oil. She has also made a commitment to make sustainable life choices by using reusable water bottles
The actress is active on different social media platforms. Bonnie Wright Instagram account has 2.2 million followers, while her Twitter account has over 711.7k followers. She also has a Facebook page with over 358k followers and over 295k likes. Her fans and followers get to see the most recent Bonnie Wright hot pictures from these platforms. Other facts about the actress
Other facts about the actress
- She was born on the same day as singer and songwriter Ed Sheeran.
- In 2009, she ranked second in Portrait Magazine’s Top 30 under 30 In 2010, Glamour Magazine listed her as one of the 35 Most Stylish Women.
- The magazine praised her red carpet looks and even named her the next Cate Blanchett. Emma Watson, her Harry Potter co-star, is her close friend.
- She can sing, and she plays the piano.
- She enjoys playing soccer and also surfs. She also does ballet, modern, African dance, and likes various forms of art.
- She prefers working with clay instead of drawing. She was ranked in fifth place by Portrait Magazine in the Favorite Celebrities by Fan’s Vote list.
- Nicole Kidman is her favorite actress.
Bonnie Wright is a multi-talented British actress, producer, writer, and activist. She is best known for portraying the character of Ginny Weasley in several Harry Potter movies. Her fans hope to see her featuring in more films and television shows in the future.